I have a confession to make: I'm a big Pope Francis fan. I've been watching the Pontiff's every move since his arrival in Philadelphia with great curiosity. The happiness and joy this man brings people -- with just his smile -- is beautiful. How anyone could say anything bad about this Pope is beyond me. In celebration of his visit, I give you WGOD: A Papal Playlist. #PopeinPhilly
I was never a fan of this song until my buddy, Tim Weaver, recorded and sent me his cover. Well done, Tim.
Cherry Blossoms are out in full force on Chapel Avenue in Cherry Hill, NJ.
April 27, 2015
When It's Cherry Blossom Time - Chet Atkins, 1957
April 20, 2013
Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries, Jack Hylton & His Orchestra, 1931
In no particular order...
- Miles Davis - Kind of Blue? More like Kind of Blows.
- Janis Joplin - I'll listen to "Turtle Blues" and "Summertime." Everything else makes me want to overdose on heroin.
- REM - Shiny Happy Bullshit if you ask me.
- Live Led Zeppelin - A 25 minute guitar solo followed be a 25 minute drum solo followed by a 25 minute mellotron solo. Musical masturbation at its very best.
- Mumford & Sons aka Butthole & Sons
- Garth Brooks - I've said it before and I'll say it again: Guys wearing really big hats cannot be taken seriously.
- Solo John Lennon - The majority of the "serious Beatle's" solo work was seriously boring.
- Bob Marley - Somebody please tell me what type of ganja to smoke because I just don't understand the fascination with his music or reggae for that matter.
- About 95% of all the music recorded in the 1980's - Come on, I know I'm not alone with this one.
- The Smiths - Fucking. Hate. The. Smiths. I'd rather go to the dentist then listen to The Smiths. #KillMorrissey.